New White Paper: Patent Strategies to Help Stop Bad Actors on Amazon
As bad actors increasingly market copycat and competitive products on Amazon and other online marketplaces, manufacturers should consider using their patent portfolio as another tool to defend their brand and control online sales. Vorys eControl and the intellectual property team at Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease co-authored a new whitepaper – Patent Strategies to Help Stop Bad Actors on Amazon – that focuses specifically on the patent enforcement mechanisms available through Amazon.
Using patents to protect your brand on Amazon is not right for every circumstance. Its best application is when a product being marketed on Amazon looks or functions like your product and falls within the scope of your patent claims, but is not necessarily being used with your brand’s trademarks and is not a grey market product.
The ways brands can assert their patent portfolios on Amazon are distinct and come with specific advantages and disadvantages. This white paper dives into each, and explains the best application given various factors.
You can download the white paper by visiting this site: https://econtrol.vorys.com/patent-strategies.
- Marketplace Pulse’s “Marketplaces Year in Review 2019” Emphasizes Amazon’s Growth
- Netflix docuseries Broken highlights prevalence of counterfeit cosmetics products on online marketplaces
- Amazon Creates a Cost-Effective and Efficient Patent Infringement Remedy for Infringing Products Sold on its Marketplace by Third Parties
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection Office of Trade Releases Annual Report on Seizure of Goods Infringing U.S. Intellectual Property Rights
- Vorys eControl Featured in November Issue of Columbus CEO
- Vorys eControl to Host Inaugural eControl360 Summit This Week