Protection and Growth Strategies for CPG Brands in the eCommerce Age
UPDATE: This webinar has already taken place. Click here to view the recording.
Online marketplaces have significantly disrupted traditional retail patterns and created a new competitive landscape. Many brands struggle in this new environment to control online sales, preserve product quality, brand image and overall brand equity. Companies of all types across virtually every product vertical find themselves grappling with channel conflict, brand erosion, negative consumer experiences, negative reviews and lost sales across their entire channel map – both online and offline.
It is critical today for brands to understand the new paradigm being ushered in by Amazon.com and other online marketplaces, as well as the pitfalls of remaining idle. In this virtual discussion, Mark Leonard, General Counsel for Jelly Belly Candy Company, and Daren Garcia, Partner at Vorys eControl, share business and legal strategies critical to controlling online marketplace sales with the goal of protecting the consumer experience, preserving brand equity and improving both revenue and profit.
We will discuss:
- eCommerce market trends and dynamics and the need for online sales control
- Challenges for CPG brands arising from a lack of control over the online marketplace channel
- Holistic channel control strategies
- How to build consensus and enterprise buy-in for eControl initiatives
- First-hand lessons learned in asserting greater control over online sales