Stopping Gray Market Tech Sales During the Holiday Season (and Beyond)
The Consumer Technology Association is projecting that tech sales in the 2021 holiday season (October-December) will hit $142.5 billion. This is prime time for low-quality resellers to emerge and try to take away a percentage of your brand’s holiday online marketplace sales. Don’t let these bad actors take away your profits; start fighting unauthorized sales with these tips.
Stop Unauthorized Sellers
Trying to stop unauthorized sellers online can feel overwhelming, but you have to start somewhere. Here are a few suggestions for stopping unauthorized online sales to get you started:
- Determine the marketplace selling strategy you wish to execute;
- Align your commercial KPIs to your online sales control strategy;
- Implement the legal foundation necessary to stop unauthorized sales;
- Get your distribution policies in order and limit the number of unauthorized sellers on marketplaces;
- Leverage data analytics to surface insights on which seller activities are actually disrupting your sales and brand value;
- Leverage an efficient, data-driven precision enforcement strategy to remove unauthorized sellers and drive commercial KPIs;
- Monitor and measure commercial KPI improvement in the form of increased sales and profitability – not vanity metrics like the number of sellers targeted or violation notices sent.
Unauthorized sellers will not stop disrupting your brand until you do something about it. Taking control now will put your brand in a better spot before the next holiday season.
Contact us to learn more about addressing gray market sellers.
For more information, read our blog on reducing gray market sales.