Vorys Attorney and Ex-Amazon Manager Co-Author Book to Help Brands Gain Control on Online Marketplaces
The rise of Amazon and other online marketplaces has left many brands struggling to survive the consequences of uncontrolled online sales. Unauthorized sellers are selling poor-quality products without customer service and other benefits that accompany authorized sales. Product descriptions and listings are inconsistent and incorrect. And brick-and-mortar sellers are growing increasingly frustrated. Brands of all sizes are failing to control their marketplace sales and consequently are struggling to preserve and protect their brand equity in the Amazon era.
Whitney Gibson, partner and chair of Vorys eControl, and James Thomson, an ex-Amazon business head and now partner of Buy Box Experts, have co-authored a first-of-its-kind book to help brands control and grow their online marketplace sales. Controlling Your Brand in the Age of Amazon: The Brand Executive’s Playbook for Winning Online helps brands understand what they can do to navigate this evolving eCommerce environment. From managing unauthorized sellers to achieving internal alignment, the book highlights both legal and business strategies that brands can employ when faced with threats posed by online marketplaces.
For more information about the book, visit controllingyourbrand.com.
- Marketplace Pulse’s “Marketplaces Year in Review 2019” Emphasizes Amazon’s Growth
- Netflix docuseries Broken highlights prevalence of counterfeit cosmetics products on online marketplaces
- Amazon Creates a Cost-Effective and Efficient Patent Infringement Remedy for Infringing Products Sold on its Marketplace by Third Parties
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection Office of Trade Releases Annual Report on Seizure of Goods Infringing U.S. Intellectual Property Rights
- Vorys eControl Featured in November Issue of Columbus CEO
- Vorys eControl to Host Inaugural eControl360 Summit This Week